The blend of Sangiovese, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, and the aging in wood give this wine a great softness and pleasantness that makes it ideal for a wide audience and excellent together with important meat and steaks.
- DENOMINATION: D.O.C. Maremma Toscana Rosso
- GRAPES: Sangiovese, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- PRODUCTION AREA: vineyards are situated in front of the Maremma Natural Park, near Fonteblanda.
- CULTIVATION: spurred cordon with rows going from east to west. This particular vineyard-keeping allows a good level of phenolic maturation of the grape and the safeguarding of its typical aromas until the moment of the harvest. Sump distance 2,70m. X 0,80mt.
- HARVEST: The harvest is carried out in three exact periods of the year: Merlot in the first week of September, Sangiovese in the fourth week of September and finally Cabernet Sauvignon in October. The processing guarantee the best fullness of the flavor. Afterward, the handmade harvest finally reaches the winery in cases of 13-15 kg.
- VINIFICATION: We leave the pressed grapes in steel for two weeks during the maceration and we proceed with “délestage”. This is the best time to catch the right color.
- MATURATION: The wine is aged in barriques for 12- 14 months before blending the three grapes, separately vinificated, and matched in bottle.
- REFINEMENT: The bottle stays 6 months in cellar before selling.
- COLOR: Intense red ruby and clear violet hues.
- BOUQUET: Great nose, with fruity scents and spicy notes.
- TASTE: Smooth and elegant in mouth with a strong mark of persistence and notable balance.
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: 18 °C