Chianti Classico Gran Selezione
When the elements of sun and terroir work together in perfect synergy, rare and exceptional characteristics of our Sangiovese emerge. It is only during these select vintages that the Gran Selezione Chianti Classico of Terre di Melazzano is born. A wine of extraordinary structure and elegance, this Gran Selezione reflects the passion, balance, and harmony of our vineyard and that of Chianti Classico. This exclusive wine has been selected for you to pair with all of life’s celebrations. Salute!
- LEGALLY DEFINED PRODUCTION ZONES AND PRODUCTION FORMULAS: Chianti Classico D.O.C.G.
- VINEYARDS: 100% Sangiovese
- ORIGIN ZONE: Greve in Chianti (FI)
- SOIL: 60% average mixture, 40% galestroso
- DENSITY OF VINEYARD PLANTING: 5.000 vine/ha
- VINE TRAINING SYSTEM: Tuscany arched
- CRUSH PER HA: 50 hundred kilos of grapes
- PRODUCTION POTENTIALITY: 2.666 bottles
- STRENGTH / ALCOHOLIC CONTENT: 14.5° by vol
- VINIFICATION: Fermentation and maceration in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks for 21 days
- AGING: In barriques and tonnaux for 24 months
- COLOUR: Ruby red intense colour
- PERFUME: Intense typical of sangiovese, note of forest’s fruit and pleasant spiciness
- TASTE: Excellent tannic finess, long persistent aromas of fresh mature fruits