The Sangio Brand been studied in honor of two important people of the family: the founders. Sangio is the result by the combination of names “SANdri” and “GIObatta”. Sandri is the nickname of Alessandro in our local language and, how all friends called him.
The new winery was built where the wine culture is tradition, on the hills of FRIULI (North- East of Italy) in the remains of one of the oldest brick factory, equipped with the most advanced technological systems.
Tradition, Passion, Innovation, Quality have always been the points of strengths of the winery.
Sangio production boasts typical wines from Friuli: Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Friulano and Merlot.
The company’s philosophy has always been and is still now to maintain a good relation between price and quality. The experience passed down from generation to generation and the passion of wine have allowed us to place our wines among the most important and demanding foreign markets; also getting excellent results in international competitions and guides such as the Berliner Wine Trophy, the International Wine & Spirits Competition and Decanter World Wine Awards.
- ORIGIN AREA: Friuli
- SOIL: Soil of alluvial origin which is gravelly and stony.
- GRAPES: Sauvignon Blanc
- TYPE: White wine
- ALCOHOL: 12.50% vol
- VINIFICATION: After a cold grape-maceration (about 10° C) of 4 or 6 hours, the fermentation starts through selected yeasts at a controlled temperature of 12-14° C. At the end of the fermentation the wine is not decanted but lays on its own lees in order to enlarge in the mouth. The wine is clarified, filtered and cold stabilized
- REFINING: In steel tanks
- COLOR: Straw yellow that verges to green
- AROMA: It releases scents of tomato-leaf, passion fruit, grapefruit, elder
- TASTE: In the mouth it is very vivid, savory with a lot of natural acidity
- SUGGESTED FOOD: The wine is well combined with appetizers, noble fish, crawfish, lobster, crayfish, salmon and salted fish
- TO BE SERVED AT: 10 - 12 °C
- GUIDES AND AWARDS:
- WINE SPECTATOR 2017: 86
- DWWA – LONDON 2017: Bronze medal
- IWC – LONDON 2017: Commended
- BERLINER WINE TROPHY 2016: Gold Medal
- IWSC – LONDON 2016: Bronze medal
- DWWA – LONDON 2016: Bronze medal
- GAMBERO ROSSO 2016: 1 Glass