Our winery, Santa Lucia, is a family business set in the heart of the Park of Maremma, a natural park commonly referred to as "Parco dell’Uccellina", last great wilderness of Tuscany. An unspoilt place of southern Tuscany, at close range from the wonderful sea of Talamone and set among the enchanting vineyards of the Morellino di Scansano.
We produce high quality wines for many generations, as a family-owned Winery and Vineyards; Our focus is hand crafting wines from our 40Ha property located in Maremma Tuscana. Our Sangiovese, Vermentino, Ansonica, Cabernet Sauvignon grapes sourced from our vineyards.
The history of winemaking in our family dates to 1898, when the great grandfather (Giuseppe) began working in the vineyards in the Monte Argentario, a small Italian village on the shores of the Tyrrhenian Sea. The declared founder was Luciano, the father of the currently owners,the brothers Lorenzo and Luca. While his grandmother Lucia all along supported him tending the vineyards Luciano, began making wine for family and friends. Named for the great grandmother Lucia, Luciano assumed control of our family business in 1980 – these were the humble beginnings of the Scotto family wine history and he dedicated the name of the company at Lucia “Santa Lucia”, because she supported him hardly.
Since 1980 step by step the winery has grown and has continued to grow thanks to the passion and love for wine and Maremma transmitted by Luciano to his 2 sons, Lorenzo the winemaker and Luca the marketing and sales director.
- Guida Oro i Vini di Veronelli vintage 2013: 2 Stars 86 Points
- Vini d'Italia Gambero Rosso vintage 2013: 2 Glasses
- Slow Wine vintage 2013: Moneta
- Slow Wine vintage 2014: Moneta
- Guida Oro i Vini di Veronelli vintage 2014: 1 Stars 84 Points
- Gambero Rosso 2016: 2 Red Glasses
- Merumpresse AG Redazione Marzo 2016: 2 Cuori
- Guida Oro Veronelli 2017 vinatage 2015: 2 Stars 86 Points
- Vini d'Italia Gambero Rosso 2017 vintage 2015: 2 Glasses